Joomla and PHP Compatibility
We are developing, testing and using Akeeba Subscriptions using the latest version of Joomla! and a popular and actively maintained branch of PHP 7. At the time of this writing this is:
Akeeba Subscriptions should be compatible with:
- Joomla! 3.8
- PHP 7.0, 7.1, 7.2.
Akeeba Subscriptions comes with English (Great Britain) language built-in. Installation packages for other languages are available on our language download page.
- Rewritten interface using our Akeeba Frontend Framework (FEF).
- Warn the user if either FOF or FEF is not installed.
- Warn the user about incompatible versions of PHP, use of eAccelerator on PHP 5.4 and use of HHVM.
- The following payment plugins have not been maintained since 2013 and have been removed: Skrill, Stripe, PayPal Payment Pro, PayPal Express.
- The following payment plugins have been replaced by new versions and have been removed: 2Checkout (replaced by 2conew), PayMill (replaced by paymilldss3). Old versions of the plugins don't even work anymore so why ship them...?
- Inconsistent use of user-supplied data and data from the database in the subscription form in some cases.
- Fatal error if we cannot retrieve the exchange rate information from the ECB