A new backup engine.
We have redesigned the backup engine's architecture to make it more efficient and more robust.
More checks in ALICE and ANGIE to warn you of more common issues and let you work around them easily.
Interface improvements. We made some aesthetic and functional improvements in several places of the component
to make your life easier and improve the way the component looks.
A new Amazon S3 integration. The new integration (Upload to Amazon S3) uses the Amazon PHP SDK for improved
compatibility and performance. The old integration (Upload to Amazon S3 (legacy API)) which doesn't support all
Amazon S3 regions will be removed in a future version of Akeeba Backup.
Deprecated features. Some features are now marked as deprecated and will be removed in a
future version of Akeeba Backup: Site Transfer Wizard, Lite mode, System Restore Points, Extension filters.
These features will be gradually removed after January 2015.
...plus several bug fixes and minor improvements.
- [LOW] ANGIE: Fixed .htaccess parsing while restoring a WordPress site
- [LOW] ANGIE: Fixed loading of translations
- [LOW] ANGIE: Fixed removing installation directory while restoring a WordPress site
- [LOW] ANGIE: Fixed table name abstraction when no table prefix is given
- [LOW] SFTP post-processing engine could not fetch the archive back to the server [PRO]
- [LOW] SFTP post-processing engine did not mark successfully uploaded backup as Remote [PRO]
- [LOW] The lib_joomla translation might not be loaded when an extension is installed and the System - System Restore Points plugin is enabled [PRO]
- [LOW] Tooltips not showing for engine parameters when selecting a different engine (e.g. changing the Archiver Engine from JPA to ZIP)
- [MEDIUM] ALICE: The "Backup engine state saving issues" and "Timeout while backing up" tests returned wrong results [PRO]
- [MEDIUM] ANGIE: The option "No auto value on zero" was not working
- [MEDIUM] Fixed error while trying to fetch Super Administrators email during frontend backup
- [MEDIUM] The data file pointer can be null sometimes when using multipart archives causing backup failures
- [MEDIUM] Upload to remote storage from the Manage Backups page was broken for Amazon S3 multipart uploads [PRO]
- [MEDIUM] ae/gh-11 Race condition could prevent the reliable creation of JPS (encrypted) archives [PRO]
- [MEDIUM] gh-522 "Back to standard installer" still results in a System Restore Point backup being taken [PRO]
- ALICE will check if Additional Database information are correct [PRO]
- ANGIE: Add warning about Live site URL on Windows
- Installation integrity check automatically spots missing, out of date or tampered files and warns you
- New and improved backup engine
- Using advanced selects (Chosen) for backup profile lists under Joomla! 3
- You can now sort and search entries in the Profiles Management page
- Changed the .htaccess files to be compatible with Apache 2.4
- Improved styling for detected issues
- Set the commonly used ports for FTP/FTPS and SFTP transfers in the Site Transfer Wizard [PRO]
- The following features are deprecated and will be removed in a later version: site transfer wizard, system restore points, extension filters, lite mode, the old Amazon S3 integration (there is a new Amazon S3 integration which has replaced it)
- Removed inconsistent submenus at the top of some pages