Important: This is a testing release
This is a testing release of Akeeba Backup. Please do not install on production sites unless you understand that
there might be some minor issues still present. However, if you have one of 4.1.0.rc1 or 4.1.0.rc2 you are kindly
requested to upgrade to solve known issues.
- [HIGH] Bug in third party Guzzle library causes Amazon S3 multipart uploads of archives larger than the remaining RAM size to fail due to memory exhaustion.
- [HIGH] Some Pro features (restore SRPs, site transfer wizard) not working because their files are deleted on installation
- [LOW] System Restore Points throwing warnings
- [MEDIUM] Fatal error on sites with open_basedir restrictions on the site's root
- [MEDIUM] System Restore Points were throwing a fatal error while applying size quota
- [MEDIUM] The backup would halt if the upload to S3 failed instead of simply raising a warning
- Removing references to JParameter (it was removed in Joomla! 3.4 alpha)
- Removed the (broken) multipart upload from the legacy S3 post-processing engine. Please use the new "Upload to Amazon S3" option for multipart uploads.
Critical bugs and important changes
- As we announced 18 months ago, we require PHP 5.3.4 or later. If your site doesn't meet this requirement a very stern warning will be issued.
- DirectoryIterator::getExtension is not compatible with PHP 5.3.4 and 5.3.5