This is a bugfix release of Akeeba Backup. The most major issue fixed affect sites hosted on really bad hosts which block the innocent parse_ini_file() PHP function when they really meant to block the ini_set() function which can have security implications on very badly configured servers. In other words if you didn't see most interface icons with Akeeba Backup 4.1.0/4.1.1 you are hosted on a really bad host who has no idea about PHP security. In this case we strongly recommend you to immediately move your site to a decent host, for security reasons.
Additionally we fixed some issues affecting the restoration and a high priority issue which would result in the partial inclusion of the restoration script (with a warning), making it impossible to perform a proper restoration.
- [HIGH] ANGIE (restoration): Some bad hosts disable the innocent parse_ini_file PHP function resulting in translation and functional issues during the restoration
- [HIGH] Missing interface options on bad hosts which disable the innocent parse_ini_file PHP function
- [LOW] ANGIE for Wordpress: fixed changing Admin access details while restoring
- [LOW] Configuration Wizard: detected minimum execution time was ignored; default value of 2 seconds always applied
- [LOW] On some hosts you wouldn't get the correct installer included in the backup
- [MEDIUM] ANGIE for Wordpress: Site url was not replaced when moving to a different server
- ANGIE for Wordpress: Db collation set to "utf8_general_ci" by default
- Added "Apply to all" button in Files and Directories Exclusion page