This version addresses known issues which could affect usability, site transfers and restoring backups taken on
sites running Joomla 3.6.3 or later.
Joomla! 3.4 or later
We only support Joomla! 3.4 or later, including 3.5. We strongly advise you to run Joomla! 3.6.4 or later
for security reasons. Older versions of Joomla! have known major security issues which are being actively
exploited to hack sites. Our team has contributed fixes and / or expert opinion for all of these security
issues, helping make Joomla! safe and secure.
PHP 5.4.0 or any later 5.x/7.x version is required
Support for PHP 5.3 has been discontinued. PHP 5.3 has been end of life since August 2014 and widely considered
a security risk, unfit for production sites. Our software requries PHP 5.4 or later and is compatible with PHP 5.4,
5.5, 5.6 and 7.x. We strongly recommend using PHP 5.6 or 7.x.
We'd like to remind you that Joomla! 3.4 does NOT support PHP 7. PHP 7 is only supported by Joomla! 3.5.0 and
later versions. Akeeba Backup will work perfectly fine (and very fast!) on a Joomla! 3.5 or later site running
on PHP 7.
- [HIGH] Changes in Joomla 3.6.3 and 3.6.4 regarding Two Factor Authentication setup handling could lead to disabling TFA when restoring a site
- [HIGH] Site Transfer Wizard fails on sites with too much memory or very fast connection speeds to the target site
- [LOW] Fixed ordering in Manage Backups page
- [LOW] Fixed removing One Click backup flag
- [MEDIUM] In several instances there was a typo declaring 1Mb = 1048756 bytes instead of the correct 1048576 bytes (1024 tiems 1024). This threw off some size calculations which, in extreme cases, could lead to backup failure.
- [MEDIUM] Infinite loop creating part size in rare cases where the space left in the part is one byte or less
- [MEDIUM] Obsolete records quota did not delete the associated log file when removing an obsolete backup record
- [MEDIUM] Obsolete records quota was applied to all backup records, not just the ones from the currently active backup profile
- [MEDIUM] The backup quickicon plugin would always deactivate itself upon first use
- ALICE: Added check about old backups being included in the backup after changing your backup output directory
- JSON API: export and import a profile's configuration