We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Akeeba Backup Core 3.0 and Akeeba Backup Professional 3.0 stable packages. This version addresses several operational bugs on both editions.
We are also extremely proud to announce that Akeeba Backup is Joomla! 1.6 ready since 3.0.rc1. It installs, backs up and restores Joomla! 1.6 Beta 2 or newer.
If you get stuck, you're welcome to post to our Free Support Forum (a free user registration is, of course, required to post to the forum).
This is the short list of changes since Akeeba Backup 3.0.rc1:
- Improved Joomla! 1.6 compatibility
- Updated translation files for Greek, Swedish, Chinese, French and Spanish
- Regression: VIEW data was being backed up
- Use of JFile::getName() in the ZIP archiver would trigger a Joomla! bug if the path to your temp directory contains dots
- Undefined variable $folder in akeeba\utils\filesystem.php line 162
- ABI: Error thrown under database restoration in some rare occasions.
- Integrated restoration: .htaccess and php.ini files would not be restored
- Warning thrown from getEscaped() when a MySQL connection couldn't be established
- Notices thrown in backup.php and altbackup.php as constants were being redefined
- Parsing the [HOST] variable in the backup archive name would throw a notice in command line backup mode
- Notice thrown when Kettenrad was trying to determine the archive name before it was initialized
- Notice thrown from AECoreDatabase when the database object was being destroyed
- Notice thrown from AEFactory::unsetDatabase() due to wrong definition of the method
- Front-end backup emails would work erraticaly. Most notably, the sender was not set and SMTP wasn't used if specified.
- Root would appear as unreadable on hosts with open_basedir restriction on the site root with a trailing slash, e.g. /home/user/www/ instead of /home/user/www
- Warning could be thrown on the file & directories filter page when browsing folders with unreadable files
- Smart scanner would fail on some hosts with very restrictive open_basedir restrictions
- Files and Directories filter would fail on some hosts with very restrictive open_basedir restrictions
- Database connection errors on hosts which only allow 1 connection per database per script
- Notice thrown on db only backup due to misspelled __CLASS__ magic constant
- Front-end backup language were not working
- Database Only and All Databases backup wouldn't add DROP statements to the SQL dump files (feature wasn't implemented yet)
- Live restoration was broken due to accidental use of eval() instead of JSON.parse()
- Kickstart "Open Site" and "Open Adminsitrator" would both try to open on the same window
- Kickstart: Wouldn't work w/out an Internet connection due to loading jQuery off Google's CDN. jQuery included now, but requires base64_decode(), otherwise falls back to Google's CDN.
- Kickstart: language loading could fail if the English tranlation wasn't present in the directory
- Kickstart: .htaccess and php.ini files would not be restored
- Kickstart: The "Test FTP Connection" button wasn't working at all