Bug fixes and minor improvements. Please take a look at the CHANGELOG below.
Due to the complete rewrite of Akeeba Ticket System you cannot just install the new version on top of the old one and have everything work trouble-free especially if you were using any of the following features:
- Template overrides
- Custom fields
- User tags
- Customised email templates
- An avatar plugin other than Gravatar
- CRON jobs using the CLI scripts (those using a URL are not affected)
- Ticket Buckets
- Ticket rating
- Off-line schedule
- The geolocation custom field
- The Social buttons plugin
- Integration with com_search (the legacy Search feature in Joomla which predates Smart Search by a decade)
Our documentation has migration instructions. We strongly recommend working on your migration on a dev site first and test thoroughly to ensure you are not missing anything important when you upgrade to Akeeba Ticket System 5.
Joomla! and PHP versions supported
Please consult our Compatibility page. It explains our version support policy and lists which versions of our software are compatible with which versions of Joomla and PHP.
- [HIGH] Cannot edit the tickets in the frontend of some sites
- [HIGH] Cannot file new tickets (multiple issues)
- [HIGH] Cannot install Core version, folder media/attachments is missing
- [HIGH] Cannot uninstall; error about the SQL file not being found.
- [HIGH] Categories list: fatal error
- [HIGH] Core version does not install modules due to a typo in the XML manifest.
- [HIGH] Unhandled exception when you have turned off email sending in your site's Global Configuration
- [LOW] Displayed list of allowed extensions was wrong
- [LOW] New Ticket page reload when changing the selected Category may lead to the wrong page
- [MEDIUM] Sending emails fails with certain attachments (Joomla internal error)
- [MEDIUM] You can see the attachments interface in the Core version even though attachments don't work in Core
- Workaround for broken 3PD plugins handling onContentPrepare