Rewritten as native Joomla 4 extension. This version of Akeeba Engage is only compatible with Joomla 4.0. It has been rewritten from the ground up as a native Joomla 4 extension using the Joomla 4 MVC and Bootstrap 5 for backend styling (the frontend is still custom CSS).
The Akismet plugin can now report ham and spam back to Akismet. This helps improve the quality of filtering Akismet provides to all sites.
Bug fixes and minor improvements. Please take a look at the CHANGELOG below.
Joomla! and PHP versions supported
Please consult our Compatibility page. It explains
our version support policy and lists which versions of our software are compatible with which versions of
Joomla and PHP.
- [HIGH] Comments would not show when “Number of comments per page” in the component's Options was set to Use Global.
- [HIGH] The Email plugin never fired
- [LOW] Failing to post a comment redirects you to a comment edit page, not the article itself
- [LOW] Failure to accept ToS results in Application Has Stopped Responding instead of an error that makes sense
- [LOW] Filtering comments by user was broken
- [LOW] Name and Email not marked required for Guests even though they're treated as such
- [LOW] Use Global option for CAPTCHA resulted in no CAPTCHA being shown (gh-162)
- [MEDIUM] Accept ToS frontend checkbox would not be displayed
- [MEDIUM] German translation was partially broken
- [MEDIUM] Joomla no longer supports multi–state toggles
- Improved default CSS for non-Bootstrap 5 frontend templates