Sunday, 10 May 2020 19:00
Joomla and PHP Compatibility
We are developing, testing and using Akeeba Engage using the latest version of Joomla! and a popular and actively maintained branch of PHP 7. At the time of this writing this is:
- Joomla! 3.9 and 4.0 (pre-beta1 development)
- PHP 7.4
Akeeba Engage should be compatible with:
- Joomla! 3.9 and 4.0
- PHP 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4.
Initial public release.
- Comments allow for full HTML, edited using the WYSIWYG editor configured in Joomla.
- HTML filtering for comments either by Joomla itself or using the more robust, heavily audited HTML Purifier library.
- Comments can be filed by logged in users or guests (configurable with Joomla's permissions).
- Guest commenters' information can be remembered across sessions on the same browser.
- Custom module positions for enriching the comments output without overriding the view templates.
- Guest users can see a module or a module position to help them log in to file a comment (fully compatible with Akeeba SocialLogin).
- Control open/closed comments, comments autoclose and comments display globally, per category and per article.
- Comments are hierarchical, i.e. you can file a comment in reply to another comment.
- Avatars using the Gravatar service.
- You can optionally require a CAPTCHA for guest comments, non-special users' comments or for all comments. You can use any CAPTCHA supported by Joomla, installed and enabled on your site.
- Comments can be checked for spam using Akismet (paid, third party service).
- Notifications about comments can be sent to managers and optionally the participants of a conversation using customizable email templates.
- wbAMP support for comments display on AMP pages (you can only file new comments and reply to comments in the full HTML view, though).
- Fully semantic output with Schema.org tagging using microdata in both HTML and AMP outputs.
- Dark Mode support, front- and backend.
- Integration with Joomla's Privacy (com_privacy) and Akeeba DataCompliance components for GDPR compliance i.e. data export and implementation of user content deletion.
- Integration with User Actions, logging administrative actions taken on comments.
- Full support for Joomla caching (Conservative and Progressive).
- You can customize the comments display with standard Joomla template overrides.
- You can customize the CSS used for comments display with standard Joomla media overrides. You get the full SCSS source files.
- Downloads and updates to the component are free of charge. Getting support will cost money, though.