No Wordpress Admin after moving a Wordpress site eminway,org to a new server, keeping the same domain name:
- I backed up my Wordpress site eminway.org using akeeba backup
- I used scp to transfer the jpa file to the new server.
- Updated DNS records to point to the new server
- Once the DNS records were updated, on the new server, I ran kickstart.
- After kickstart was done, I could view the frontend of entire site.
- However, when I tried to access the backend (eminway.org/wp-admin) I could login, but my admin user no longer had administrator privileges. Other admin users also could not login with administrator privileges.
- Cursory investigation of the Wordpress database did not show anything amiss with the site.
|WordPress version (in x.y.z format)||5.6.0|
|PHP version (in x.y.z format)||7.3.11|
|Akeeba Backup version (x.y.z format)||22.214.171.124|