#20273 – Could not connect to MySQL.

Posted in ‘Akeeba Solo (standalone)’
This is a public ticket. Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.
Friday, 13 June 2014 02:12 CDT
olaf
I m using akeeba solo to back up a feng installation. I created an own database for akeeba solo. I tried to update my akeeba installation 1.0.b2 to 1.0.0
With 1.0.b2 akeeba solo was working.
After updating to 1.0.0.(Extract the contents of the ZIP file and upload them to your server, overwriting the existing Akeeba Solo / Akeeba Backup files.) I visited Akeeba solo main page (Then just visit Akeeba Solo's / Akeeba Backup's main page. Any required actions for the update will be carried out automatically. Your configuration settings are preserved.) Unfortunately I was asked for the database setup - shouldn t that be in the configuration settings already? After providing the database setup akeeba solo can not connect to the sql database.
Like suggested in ticket #19999: (Could not connect to MySQL) I set a new passsword with only letters and numbers. But still not working.
Maybe I did something wrong during the update?
Thanks for your help!

Custom Fields

Which documentation pages did you read? Akeeba Solo and Backup for WordPress User's Guide - Updating to the latest version
Which troubleshooter articles did you read? #19999: Could not connect to MySQL., #20053: Could not connect to MySQL
Have you searched the tickets before posting? Yes
Did you already run the log analyser (ALICE)? No
PHP version (in x.y.z format) 5.4
MySQL/database version 5.1
Host (who is hosting your site, not your domain) 1and1
Akeeba Solo version (x.y.x) 1.0.0
Friday, 13 June 2014 04:43 CDT
nicholas
It seems that something's wrong with the uploaded package. I will release a new version today


Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director



🇬🇷Greek: native

🇬🇧English: excellent

🇫🇷French: basic



Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!



Friday, 13 June 2014 06:54 CDT
olaf
I updated to 1.0.1 and everything works. Thanks for the fast help. And thanks for Akeeba backup!
Friday, 13 June 2014 07:13 CDT
nicholas
Thank you for the heads up! The problem only occurred when updating the component. On clean installations (like the one I was trying before the release) the problem would not occur :(


Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director



🇬🇷Greek: native

🇬🇧English: excellent

🇫🇷French: basic



Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!



This ticket is closed, therefore read-only. You can no longer reply to it. If you need to provide more information, please open a new ticket and mention this ticket's number.

Support Information

Working hours: Typically we work Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Cyprus timezone (EEST). Support is provided by the same developers writing the software, all of which live in Europe. You can still file tickets, but we cannot respond to them, outside of our working hours.

Support policy: We would like to kindly inform you that when using our support you have already agreed to the Support Policy which is part of our Terms of Service. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us help you!