We are using the MarkItUp editor
to display the BBCode editor. This editor does not
- You have disabled loading of jQuery, not (just) mooTools.
- You are using a third party proxy, CDN or similar content transformation in front of your site with the same effect as above
- You are loading an incompatible version of jQuery.
- Your CSS is causing the div.markItUpHeader element or its contents to be hidden.
- Third party extensions on your site are causing Javscript errors on the page.
Items 1 to 4 ARE NOT possible with core Joomla!, therefore we consider them "core hacks" and will provide no support for it. You can always enable Akeeba Strapper in the frontend of your site to work around most (but not all, e.g. #2) of these issues.
Alternatively you can switch the editor type to WYSIWYG which uses the Joomla! content editor the user has selected in their profile for ticket editing. If you are using JCE on your site you can create a special, limited profile for non-administrator users or even a touchscreen compatible profile for mobile devices. If you are using just plain old TinyMCE it will still work fine in the front-end; Joomla! does let you create limited profiles per user group (up to three profiles).