Support

UNiTE, Remote CLI, eXtract Wizard

#19568 – CMS Update / Joomla Update

Posted in ‘UNiTE, Remote CLI, eXtract Wizard’
This is a public ticket. Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.
Friday, 14 March 2014 00:25 UTC
I have a problem updating a 2.5.19 installation to 3.2.3

It won't work good, no matter which way I tried.

The last try was deinstalling most of the components in the 2.5 version and try updating with CMS Update.

Like all other times before a sql-error message appears and I called the joomla database fixing tool direct... so I could get access to the backend.

Then I discovered, that some extensions like com_tags was not installed. So I tried to reinstall J3.2.3 over CMSUpdate and everytime I try this, this message appears

Failed deleting joomla.zip
Refresh Manifest Cache failed: Extension is not currently installed.
Refresh Manifest Cache failed: Extension is not currently installed.
Refresh Manifest Cache failed: Extension is not currently installed.
Refresh Manifest Cache failed: Extension is not currently installed.
Refresh Manifest Cache failed: Extension is not currently installed.

I fixed the problem with com_tags and other extensions over the extensionmanager "discover" tool and installed these extensions there.

I fixed all permissions with admin tool, repaired the database, checked everything I found... but the error while reinstalling still exists. My fear: on the next update the error appears again and will cause several problems.

And Idea what this can be?!?! Thanks in advance!

PS: I did upgrades of several installations on the webspace... no problem at all! Only with this one!
Custom Fields
Which troubleshooter articles did you read? No related found
Have you searched the tickets before posting? Yes
Which documentation pages did you read? None
Kickstart version (x.y.z format)  
Which tool do you want support for? CMS Update
Tool version (in x.y.z format)  
ka3media
Friday, 14 March 2014 08:10 UTC
I have already fixed that in Akeeba CMS Update 1.0.a3. In any case, the problem you are describing may also happen with Joomla! Update (actually: it's still not fixed) and the proper solution is using Database, Fix and then Dicover, Install


Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director



🇬🇷Greek: native

🇬🇧English: excellent

🇫🇷French: basic



Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!



nicholas
This ticket is closed, therefore read-only. You can no longer reply to it. If you need to provide more information, please open a new ticket and mention this ticket's number.

Support Information

Working hours: Typically we work Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Cyprus timezone (EEST). Support is provided by the same developers writing the software, all of which live in Europe. You can still file tickets, but we cannot respond to them, outside of our working hours.

Support policy: We would like to kindly inform you that when using our support you have already agreed to the Support Policy which is part of our Terms of Service. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us help you!