Let me clarify:
I had the Google Ajax Library Plug-in already enabled on the site before I installed Akeeba. When I installed Akeeba, it gave me a warning that the jQuery or JQuery UI was not available and that I could try two things: 1. Change the settings in Akeeba "parameters" to use the Google Ajax Library or 2. change directory permissions.
I tried the permissions route first and did clear the browser cache a few times, but the Akeeba Dashboard just looked all jacked up. I changed the permissions back and did the Google Ajax Parameters suggestion in the Akeeba Parameters. When I tried to set up my profile config and went to the profile congif it was just a page with the headings but non of the parameters. So the little lightbulb in my head flickered and I thought, must be a conflict with Google Ajax Library plug-in and I went and disabled it and it fixed everything. So right now Akeeba is working which is more important because I have it set up for Amazon S3 - yey! ;) But I am pretty fond of the Google Ajax Lib plug-in | JED
so if it can be fixed I would be eternally grateful.