Akeeba Backup for Joomla!

#8381 Warning: Parameter 1 to modMainMenuHelper:

Posted in ‘Akeeba Backup for Joomla!’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Environment Information

Joomla! version
PHP version
Akeeba Backup version

Purpose: Moving a published live site to localhost WAMP Server
Joomla! 1.5.14 Stable version, local host is Windows Vista with absolute latest WAMP Server components.

1) I set up WAMP SERVER successfully.
2) Backed up my site using Akeeba Pro (I did a basic backup of just Joomla - no added SQLs or anything special - wanted to try it out simply first. Seemed to go fine - no warnings or errors.
3) Used Kickstart to load into my WAMP/WWW - had a little MySQL privileges issues but worked through them.
4) Did a separate export/import of my separate (non Joomla) SQL database (hopefully later I can include that db in Akeeba backup as that is why I wanted Akeeba Pro - but I decided to walk before running here).

When I bring up the site on my local host (you can see the live site at I get these errors on the page where menus should be: "Warning: Parameter 1 to modMainMenuHelper::buildXML() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\libraries\joomla\cache\handler\callback.php on line"
And in my Joomla Article Manager, I get: "Warning: Parameter 1 to JHTMLGrid::access() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\libraries\joomla\html\html.php on line 87"

My queries against my separate (non-Joomla) database appear to run fine (I imported this outside of Akeeba).

I did due diligence and searched both forums and the only thing I found close was:
"Warning: Parameter 1 to row1block1()...Author: Rynoceros"
The response was to check configuration.php to make sure it did not point to the remote host. I did so and the parameter is livehost = '' -- All other parameters appear to be good.

Would you have any suggestions?
Thank you,
james cagney

I continued searching and in the Joomla forums determined that the issue was compatibility with PHP version 5.3. I installed an extension allowing version 5.2.9 (matching the one on my live site), switched to the 5.2.9 version with the WAMP server control panel. And it seems to be working. Menus are showing and seem to be working properly. :=D

You found the correct answer. Joomla! itself is not php 5.3 compatible until version 1.5.15. I read in a post the other day that Joomla! won't be php 5.3.1 compatible until the release of 1.6.

Dale L. Brackin
Support Specialist

us.gifEnglish: native

Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!

My time zone is EST (UTC -5) (click here to see my current time in Philadelphia, PA)

Support Information

Working hours: Typically we work Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Cyprus timezone (EEST). Support is provided by the same developers writing the software, all of which live in Europe. You can still file tickets, but we cannot respond to them, outside of our working hours.

Support policy: We would like to kindly inform you that when using our support you have already agreed to the Support Policy which is part of our Terms of Service. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us help you!

Summer vacations: Our support will be closed for replies and new tickets from August 6th to August 21st, 2022 due to summer vacations.