Support

Akeeba Backup for Joomla!

#8440 AJAX Loading Error: error using svn134-pro

Posted in ‘Akeeba Backup for Joomla!’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Environment Information

Joomla! version
n/a
PHP version
n/a
Akeeba Backup version
n/a

user9657
Hi,

I just upgraded to the pro version in order to use the restore from the control panel. Within 10 seconds of the restore beginning I get the error: The extraction has failed - AJAX Loading Error: error with no other information or log options. I'm using Joomla 1.5.6 and I have the Web Services set to yes and I have the Minimum execution time set to 2. I have tried it a 10 and 20 as well. It is a rather large backup of 1.7 gig (music site) but I use bluehost without limitations.

Any iedas?

Thanks
Den

dlb
According to the change log, the internal restoration is fixed in SVN134. I'll have to flag this for Nicholas.


Dale L. Brackin
Support Specialist


us.gifEnglish: native


Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!


????
My time zone is EST (UTC -5) (click here to see my current time in Philadelphia, PA)

nicholas
Akeeba Staff
Manager
Can you please PM me credentials for back-end and FTP access to your site? I have to take a look at it myself. If you don't get an installation page when accessing your site after the attempt to perform an integrated restoration it means that no part of the archive was extracted. This usually means that you have to enable Joomla!'s FTP layer and save your FTP password in the Joomla! configuration (i.e. the direct file writes method used otherwise by the integrated restoration can't overwrite the files on your site)

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director

🇬🇷Greek: native 🇬🇧English: excellent 🇫🇷French: basic • 🕐 My time zone is Europe / Athens
Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!

user12788
I just got the same message, first time I've tried to do a restore online. Normally I use the kickstart method. Has anything been discovered on this?

dlb
This is a very old thread, I hope you're not using the versions that we were discussing here. :) All the AJAX error says is that "something, somewhere went wrong". You may want to start a new thread and tell us the version and what happened.


Dale L. Brackin
Support Specialist


us.gifEnglish: native


Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!


????
My time zone is EST (UTC -5) (click here to see my current time in Philadelphia, PA)

user12788
The backup was made with v.3.0 (free) and I was trying to restore with 3.0.1 pro. Guess I'll try to duplicate it and start a new thread.

Support Information

Working hours: Typically we work Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Cyprus timezone (EEST). Support is provided by the same developers writing the software, all of which live in Europe. You can still file tickets, but we cannot respond to them, outside of our working hours.

Support policy: We would like to kindly inform you that when using our support you have already agreed to the Support Policy which is part of our Terms of Service. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us help you!

Summer vacations: Our support will be closed for replies and new tickets from August 6th to August 21st, 2022 due to summer vacations.