Looks as though the job timed out again. Log attached
(Has just worked fine with manual test of CRON script) ##log success##
Here's an extract from my webhost helpdesk which suggests they have run the script OK from my account's command line without an error being generated....
We do have scripts to kill processes automatically if they cause problems on the servers, though if one of these had stopped your cron job you would have been sent an email about it. The script itself runs fine when I run it from the command line on your account so it may be that it is timing out when you call it via the cron as it did run for quite a long period when I ran it manually.
Can you shorten the script at all?
Heart Telecom: 24Mb broadband for home & small businesses
UpdatedAt 15:30 20/07/2010, you changed the ticket status to OPEN and wrote:
Hi Andrew - thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately the script cannot be shortened as such - it has a fairly large job to do in performing a full backup and then compressing it for download. Akeeba recognise that server timeouts can be an issue, so provide various settings that can be tweaked to limit instruction time etc. In conjunction with their input, these have been backed off without seemingly making any difference. I guess if the server isn't killing off the job, the problem lies elsewhere.
Having checked the backup directory [ /public_html/administrator/components/com_akeeba/backups ], I can see that your manual test did not in fact fully complete - it too stopped 4x30MB files short of the full backup. This is at least a consistent error, even if not yet understood! The final stage of the backup is to copy the complete set of backup files to Amazon S3 cloud storage, then the webserver files are deleted.
UpdatedAt 15:39 20/07/2010, Andrew Mchardy changed the ticket status to CLOSE-PENDING and wrote:
If the script is failing at the same point even when called manually on the server with no restrictions it would suggest there is a problem somewhere as no error were given when I ran it. I would suggest contating the script writer to see if they can provide you with a copy that can output more details as to what is happening so we can try to locate exactly where it is failing.