Please look at the bottom of this page (under Support Policy Summary) for our support policy summary, containing important information regarding our working hours and our support policy. Thank you!
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Please attach a ZIP file containing your Akeeba Backup log file in order for us to help you with any backup or restoration issue. If the file is over 2Mb, please upload it on your server and post a link to it.
Description of my issue:
Yesterday I was prompted to update FOF 4.x from version 4.03 (installed) to version 4.05.
I performed a backup (with Akeeba) and did that update.
When I did so - Akeeba backup started failing in the following ways.
- Pressing One-click Default backup or Backup Now in the backend failed complete.
--> You were immediately returned to the Joomla control panel (Immediate as in as soon as you click on Backup Now - no delay at all).
- Running Configuration Wizard showed no progress on any bar after 10 minutes or more of waiting.
- Pressing "Configuration" on the Akeeba Control panel would display only through the "Profile Description" box. Basic configuration and on down the page did not appear at all (white screen).
I resolved this by
- Uninstalling Akeeba from the site.
- Downloading 8.0.3 Pro from the Akeeba website.
- Installing by "upload a file" method in Joomla.
- Adding my Akeeba Download ID to enable pro features.
- Running Configuration wizard
- Reconfiguring my akeeba (output directory, upload to Google drive).
The site is working - including Akeeba - but I am once again being prompted to do the update
-> FOF 4.x Installed 4.0.3 to 4.0.5.
Apparently the clean install of 8.0.3 Pro includes FOF 4.x 4.0.3
I'm obviously holding off on that update.
--> Note - I do not have a log file to upload from the failed backups. No log appeared to be created when Akeeba failed and went to Joomla Control Panel.
|Joomla! version (in x.y.z format)||3.9.25 (Stable)|
|PHP version (in x.y.z format)||7.4.15|
|Akeeba Backup version (x.y.z format)||8.0.3|