So as not to disrupt my client's live site, I made major site changes from a backup of the live site on my local server. Upon uploading the new backup then restoring, I ran into an issue when it came to the replace data page. It seemed to hang, however, I discovered with the increased security measures Liquid Web has applied, my ip was blocked from their site.
Upon working with support, the tech at Liquid Web investigated and said he found that Akeeba was triggering a ModSec rule, which was causing the block so he temporarily whitelisted the rule. I then performed another restoration, unfortunately with the same result of being blocked. Though the site itself was 'restored', I had to manually clean up the site, and of course the url's were not replaced. My work around for the database was to restore url's locally, export an sql file, then import to live.
I have not had an issue restoring to this same server previously and am running the latest version of Backup for WP (1.7.1) and latest version of kickstart (4.2.0).
The last time I restored to this server was at the beginning of this year, with an older version of Backup for WP (1.6.2) and older version of kickstart (4.1.1)
I just happened to have a copy of the backup that I restored at the beginning of the year that was successful at the time, so I attempted a restore with the same in a new subdirectory of the main site. This time the install was unsuccessful with the same results as mentioned above.
I'm wondering if you can provide any insight to what can be done on the host's side that would assist in a successful site restore. Liquid Web stated they were looking into the situation, however, I thought your expertise could assist.
Thanks so much!