Support

UNiTE, Remote CLI, eXtract Wizard

#21065 CMS Update can not complete

Posted in ‘UNiTE and Remote CLI’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Environment Information

PHP version
n/a
Tool
UNiTE
Tool version
n/a

ginjg
Trying to run the CMSUpdate from j3.3.3 to j3.3.4
keep getting the following message:
There was an error communicating with the Joomla! package extraction script administrator/components/com_cmsupdate/restore.php. This usually indicates a permissions issue making this file unreadable to the web server or a server configuration (e.g. .htaccess file directives) issue blocking access to this file.



We have also detected that you are using Admin Tools, which could explain why this happens. If you are using Admin Tools'.htaccess Maker it will block, by default, this restoration script. If you believe that this is the case click the button below to add a .htaccess Maker exception for the Joomla! package extraction script and regenerate your .htaccess file automatically. Then this page will reload and the update will continue automatically.
[

I clicked the "Add exception to Admin Tools" button, but that didn't help. logged in to ftp and changed permissions on the restore.php file to 777. That didn't help either.

It doesn't look as though the "add exception" button made any update to the .htaccess file
Can you suggest a solution?

dlb
The button should add
administrator/components/com_cmsupdate/restore.php
in the Exceptions box in .htaccess Maker.

If that line is already there, please regenerate your .htaccess file and try again.


Dale L. Brackin
Support Specialist


us.gifEnglish: native


Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!


????
My time zone is EST (UTC -5) (click here to see my current time in Philadelphia, PA)

ginjg
that worked fine on the first site. I went to do this on another site when I tried to access admin tools, it give s an error that the component can't be found - it is there and enabled in the extensions manager. I updated to admintools 3.2.1 and I still get the same error when selection admintools from the component menu

dlb
You are experiencing two different problems. There appears to be a problem with Admin Tools 3.2.1 and Joomla! 2.5.x. You will need to temporarily disable Admin Tools until Nicholas figures out a more elegant solution in the morning.

You can disable Admin Tools using the instructions here: https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/troubleshooter/atwafissues.html.


Dale L. Brackin
Support Specialist


us.gifEnglish: native


Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!


????
My time zone is EST (UTC -5) (click here to see my current time in Philadelphia, PA)

System Task
system
This ticket has been automatically closed. All tickets which have been inactive for a long time are automatically closed. If you believe that this ticket was closed in error, please contact us.

Support Information

Working hours: Typically we work Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Cyprus timezone (EEST). Support is provided by the same developers writing the software, all of which live in Europe. You can still file tickets, but we cannot respond to them, outside of our working hours.

Support policy: We would like to kindly inform you that when using our support you have already agreed to the Support Policy which is part of our Terms of Service. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us help you!

Summer vacations: Our support will be closed for replies and new tickets from August 6th to August 21st, 2022 due to summer vacations.