The problem is not Windows 10, it's the way Microsoft has chosen to implement high DPI ("retina") screen support. I have the same issue with a Surface Book which has a high DPI screen. Two weeks ago I was trying to see if there's anything that I can do but it essentially requires me to rewrite the software to have the interface generated dynamically instead of a visual form design. Even that doesn't work very well. At the same time the code is rather antiquated, having been mostly unmaintained since 2011, and missing a few things required for extracting newer backup archives (especially JPS).
I have therefore decided to rewrite everything from scratch using C#. This requires an investment in time. As you might have guessed, spare time is hard to come by. Nevertheless in the last two weeks I have managed to implement the groundwork for the extraction engine and the unarchivers for JPA and ZIP archives. I hope that in the next month or two I'll be able to have at least a working prototype of the new eXtract Wizard and solve the foreseeable cross-platform issues.
Until then, my suggestion is a rather low tech one: attach an external monitor with a "regular" DPI configuration (about 96 DPI). I've found that connecting the laptop either to an HD TV set over HDMI or using Duet to hook up my iPad as a second monitor with a Lightning cable works wonders on that respect.
Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
Lead Developer and Director
🇬🇷Greek: native 🇬🇧English: excellent 🇫🇷French: basic • 🕐 My time zone is Europe / Athens
Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!