Support

Site Restoration

#13669 Error in search module before restore

Posted in ‘Site restoration’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Environment Information

PHP version
n/a
CMS Type
Other
CMS Version
n/a
Backup Tool Version
n/a
Kickstart version
n/a

kinui
Mandatory information about my setup:

Have I read the related troubleshooter articles above before posting (which pages?)? yes
Have I searched the tickets before posting? yes
Have I read the documentation before posting (which pages?)? yes
Joomla! version: (2.5)
PHP version: (5.3.15)
MySQL version: (5.5.27 )
Host: (dedicated server from aruba)
Akeeba Backup version which took the backup: (3.6.2)
Kickstart version used to extract the backup: (3.5.2)

Description of my issue:
Hi, I restore my site and I don't have any problem with the restoration, I did it yesterday, for now I only found one error it is when you try to do any search in the module search I was redirected to the page error whit these message

500 - View non trovato [name, type, prefix]: search, html, searchView

When I turn on the debug system appears the next message

1. View non trovato [name, type, prefix]: search, html, searchView
Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() JROOT/index.php:42
2 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/includes/application.php:197
3 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:351
4 require_once() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:383
5 JController->execute() JROOT/components/com_search/search.php:15
6 SearchController->display() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:760
7 JController->display() JROOT/components/com_search/controller.php:33
8 JController->getView() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:677
9 JError::raiseError() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:902
10 JError::raise() JROOT/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

I apreciate that you answer at soon you can

thank you

Regards

nicholas
Akeeba Staff
Manager
It seems like some files were not backed up or extracted. You can retry the restoration. If it still doesn't work I will need the log file of the backup archive you are trying to restore.

IMPORTANT: If you tried restoring your site on top of an existing Joomla! 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 or an older/newer 2.5 release it won't work. You will have to remove the existing site files before you go on with the restoration. This is a Joomla! limitation which has to do with files being moved/renamed/deleted and the way Joomla!'s class autoloader works.

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director

🇬🇷Greek: native 🇬🇧English: excellent 🇫🇷French: basic • 🕐 My time zone is Europe / Athens
Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!

kinui
Hi, I make big changes in the site after the restoration, so there are an other way to fix it?

nicholas
Akeeba Staff
Manager
You can try something. Take the latest Joomla! 2.5 installation ZIP file and extract it locally. Remove the installation directory. Upload all extracted files, overwriting existing ones. Does that help?

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director

🇬🇷Greek: native 🇬🇧English: excellent 🇫🇷French: basic • 🕐 My time zone is Europe / Athens
Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!

kinui
if I do that I can miss the others extensions?

nicholas
Akeeba Staff
Manager
Let's try one step at a time. By doing what I said you will be updating any missing files from the core Joomla! installation (you will not lose your installed extensions and/or content). Maybe that will be enough.

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director

🇬🇷Greek: native 🇬🇧English: excellent 🇫🇷French: basic • 🕐 My time zone is Europe / Athens
Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!

kinui
Ok, I already do it, I have the site in 3 languages English, Spanish and Italian,
now it works only in english

When I do the search in other language the page load to the blank page and inthe url direction are

spanish:
http://www.iliveumbria.com/es/component/search/?searchword=perugia&searchphrase=all&Itemid=251

italian
http://www.iliveumbria.com/it/component/search/?searchword=perugia&searchphrase=all&Itemid=104

nicholas
Akeeba Staff
Manager
You probably have a problem with your .htaccess file. What I see on your site is that SEF URLs don't work. Can you please contact your host about it?

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director

🇬🇷Greek: native 🇬🇧English: excellent 🇫🇷French: basic • 🕐 My time zone is Europe / Athens
Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!

kinui
I had installed an ajax search module before replacing all joomla files and it didn't work,
Now I try and work in three languages

thnak you


nicholas
Akeeba Staff
Manager
You're welcome!

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director

🇬🇷Greek: native 🇬🇧English: excellent 🇫🇷French: basic • 🕐 My time zone is Europe / Athens
Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!

Support Information

Working hours: Typically we work Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Cyprus timezone (EEST). Support is provided by the same developers writing the software, all of which live in Europe. You can still file tickets, but we cannot respond to them, outside of our working hours.

Support policy: We would like to kindly inform you that when using our support you have already agreed to the Support Policy which is part of our Terms of Service. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us help you!

Summer vacations: Our support will be closed for replies and new tickets from August 6th to August 21st, 2022 due to summer vacations.