Support

Site Restoration

#14119 cannot restore site on another server

Posted in ‘Site restoration’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Environment Information

PHP version
n/a
CMS Type
Other
CMS Version
n/a
Backup Tool Version
n/a
Kickstart version
n/a

user22904

Mandatory information about my setup:

Have I read the related troubleshooter articles above before posting (which pages?)? yes
Have I searched the tickets before posting? yes
Have I read the documentation before posting (which pages?)? yes
Joomla! version: (unknown) 2.5
PHP version: (unknown) 5.3
MySQL version: (unknown)
Host: (optional, but it helps us help you)
Akeeba Backup version which took the backup: (unknown) latest (2.2)
Kickstart version used to extract the backup: (unknown)

Description of my issue:

I already opened a ticket, but can't seem to respond to that one, so had to open another :.)

We are still getting the error:

jos-Error: String could not be parsed as XML

JSite -> dispatch() @ \NAS-009WINSPACE00710-sjnfc.comwwwindex.php:42
JError :: raiseError() @ \NAS-009WINSPACE00710-sjnfc.comwwwincludesapplication.php:208
JError :: raise() @ \NAS-009WINSPACE00710-sjnfc.comwwwlibrariesjoomlaerrorerror.php:251

 

Have tried upgrading akeeba backup to latest version and then retrieving another .jpa file. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

 

Lillian

nicholas
Akeeba Staff
Manager

Lillian,

this is not a problem with Akeeba Backup, it's a problem with your site or server. You don't have to believe me. Just do a manual transfer:

  • Copy over all of the site's files using FTP
  • Dump the database using phpMyAdmin
  • Restore the database on the new site using phpMyAdmin
  • Edit the configuration.php to point to the new database

You will see that you have the same problem even though you didn't even use Akeeba Backup. As I explained in the other ticket I cannot provide generic Joomla! consultancy and server configuration debugging, at least not for 7.79 Euros.

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director

🇬🇷Greek: native 🇬🇧English: excellent 🇫🇷French: basic • 🕐 My time zone is Europe / Athens
Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!

user22904

Hi: I believe you :.) I've used Akeeba backup many many times and it's always worked. I guess I'll have to try and figure it out with the people I'm dealing with and their server. 

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Lillian

nicholas
Akeeba Staff
Manager

Well, there's always the 0.1% chance of me being wrong, so not believing me may actually be a good thing :) Joking aside, please do try a manual transfer. I'm 99.9% confident it'll be the same result, but you never know, right?

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Lead Developer and Director

🇬🇷Greek: native 🇬🇧English: excellent 🇫🇷French: basic • 🕐 My time zone is Europe / Athens
Please keep in mind my timezone and cultural differences when reading my replies. Thank you!

System Task
system
This ticket has been automatically closed. All tickets which have been inactive for a long time are automatically closed. If you believe that this ticket was closed in error, please contact us.

Support Information

Working hours: Typically we work Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Cyprus timezone (EEST). Support is provided by the same developers writing the software, all of which live in Europe. You can still file tickets, but we cannot respond to them, outside of our working hours.

Support policy: We would like to kindly inform you that when using our support you have already agreed to the Support Policy which is part of our Terms of Service. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us help you!

Summer vacations: Our support will be closed for replies and new tickets from August 6th to August 21st, 2022 due to summer vacations.